I love altering notebooks and art pads to create personalised journals. As well as the covers it's nice to decorate some of the inside pages too. For this journal I wanted to put some digital brushwork on the pages, but I can't put them through the printer. So I created some digtial transfers to use instead.
What I Used
* A pack of iron transfer sheets for light T-shirts at our Ryman Stationers Shop.
* A note book
* An Iron
* Cotton Cloth
How to make digital transfers
* Set-up a page in the software the size of the transfer sheets you will be using (A4 for me)
* Layout the digtial images and wordart on the page leaving space between each "transfer" for cutting out etc.
* Group all the images together (or merge the layers if using Photoshop or similar)
* Flip it round so you get a mirror image.
* Leave it to dry thoughly for at least an hour
Applying the digital transfers to a journal page.
* Cut around each transfer
NOTE If you haven't ironed on paper before, get a scrap piece of paper. Iron it with a medium hot dry iron (switch the steam off) and check for paper crumpling or discolouring. If the paper is still the same, try slightly hotter. You want to have the iron as hot as you can without it distorting or discolouring the paper.
* get your iron ready
* place some cotton cloth beneath the page you are putting the transfer onto
* put the transfer on the page, printed side down.
* iron firmly, moving the iron slowly for a few seconds.
* allow to cool completely then peal off the transfer paper
Have fun! Angela