Monday, March 19, 2012

Serenity

Cilenia, Aria, and I have created a second set of designs for our March series. The three of us decided to take the idea of balance and move deeper into it. When life feels balanced, I think that most people feel a sense of calm and peace...serenity.

Serenity:
the state or quality of being serene, calm, or tranquil; sereneness.

What does serenity mean to you? When I close my eyes and focus on the word serenity, the word begins to change into something that I can see, feel, hear, and smell. I begin to see swirls and splashes of color...lots and lots of color. The colors are bright and calm as I watch them move around in my mind. I picture them dancing very smoothly, then leaping, as if they are about to take flight. They do this over and over again. There is no pattern or reason...they are simply this free sense of being.

As I continue to focus on the word serenity, the way that my body feels begins to change. My breathing becomes deeper and calmer, my head begins to fall to the side as if there was nothing holding it up, and I notice a release in my arms and legs. By focusing on the word serenity, this peacefulness washes over my mind, body, and spirit.

If I pay attention to smells and sounds, I can begin to identify how serenity connects with those senses. As I take a deep breath, I can smell a fresh, clean, soft smell. And when I quiet my mind and listen, I can hear a quiet flow of water in the distance and wind that is blowing very softly. The wind doesn't really sound like wind to me, it sounds more like dancing whispers soaring through the air. Serenity isn't just not worrying or feeling calmer than usual, it is so much more than that. Serenity is a complete sense of peacefulness that emerges from your soul and washes over your entire being.

I would like for you to find a quiet place, close your eyes, and reflect on the word serenity. As you reflect, what do you see? How does your body change? Can you notice any difference in your breathing? Do you notice any smells or sounds? When you take time to connect in this way, are you able to find a place of peace and calm? Are there other times you have felt this way? If you'd like, journal about it. What does serenity mean to you? How does it feel, what does it smell, sound, and look like? Are there people, places, and things that make you feel the same way?

This is a layout that I created with some of the new art in the shop that was designed by Cilenia, Aria, and me. I have more layouts for inspiration on my blog if you would like to take a peek!


Creative Blessings, Angie


Journaling reads:
when i am feeling
a serenity of soul
my mind body and being
feel almost
as if i am floating
and when i begin to move
it feels as if i have wings
and am going to fly
there is this peace
this sense of calm
that feels almost magical
there is for a moment
no worry
no stress
no sadness
no longing
just this place
of contentment
of freedom
of serenity
of peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we love comments!